Recover Deleted Files from Partition
A hard disk can be divided into different logical units known as partitions. By creating partitions in your computer, you can separate the OS and program files from regularly used documents. It is useful to have multi-boot setup, increase system performance and have multiple file systems. If one partition is corrupted, it cannot affect another partition. So you can protect your important data by keeping them in different drives or partitions. But what can you do, when some of the important files are deleted from partition. You may have mistakenly deleted photos, videos or some office documents. At this situation, only the option left to recover deleted files from partition is partition recovery software. One can also get the software to recover deleted disk partition from computers.
If any important file is deleted from your computer, first of all you should not be worried. Still it is very likely to restore deleted files from partition. In order to increase the chances of deleted file recovery, you should follow some precautions explained below.
- Stop using your computer from the moment you came to know that the important files are deleted and they are not present in Recycle Bin.
- Do not save the new files on the partition from which the important file is deleted.
- You should be aware that the deleted file space is marked as free and this file is recoverable before it gets overwritten by new file. You should be careful about the instances which diminish recovery chances.
If you have followed the safety measures after the deletion of files, you can undelete files from partition successfully using partition recovery software. It can restore all types of files from FAT16, FAT32, NTFS and NTFS partitions or drives. If you want to recover damaged partition, you can go through the website and undelete files from partitions - http://www.recoverpartitions.net/damaged.html.
Common file deletion scenarios
- It is a common practice to delete unnecessary files from partitions to avail free space for new files. Sometimes, you may delete important files along with useless files and later realizing the mistake. Also the files deleted by using “Shift + Delete” key or Windows command prompts will not be stored in Recycle Bin.
- Sometimes you may have emptied the Recycle Bin without checking the important files stored in it. After emptying a Recycle Bin, there is no more way to find deleted files other than the third party software.
- You may lose files due to action of third party tools like antivirus. The antivirus program will delete the virus infected files without any notification.
When you come across any of the file deletion situations, use the partition recovery tool and restore deleted files from partition. This software is designed especially to undelete files from partition. It can recover deleted Word files, Excel documents, spreadsheets and media files from the partitions. It can access deleted files effectively because it is designed with a strong inbuilt recovery engine. You can use this software on different operating systems like Windows XP, Vista, 7 and Windows 8. If you want to know the recovery procedure before purchasing the software, use demo version. You can also get additional resources to recover missing partitions from hard disk.
Steps to recover deleted files from partitions
Step 1: Run the recovery software on your computer and then select the “Recover Files” option from the main window to recover deleted files from partition as shown in Figure 1.
Figure 1. Main Window
Step 2: From the next Window select “Recover Deleted Files” option and then choose the partition from which you want to recover deleted files from partition as shown in Figure 2. After that, let the software to restore deleted files from partition by clicking on the next arrow button.
Figure 2. Select Partition
Step 3: Wait while the partition is scanning. Once it is done, you can get the preview of all recovered files. In order to save recovered files, you can use “Save to Drive” or "Save to CD/DVD" option as shown in Figure 3.
Figure 3. Save Files
NOTE: Once you recover data from partitions, take a backup so that you can avoid spending money and time in using recovery software to get back deleted files from partition.